Labels

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Day 1: One Picture

This one was particularly difficult. 

As someone who looooves taking photos, choosing just one is simply horrible. But this is also an exercise on rule-following hence, I finally decided on this one: 



Aside from the fact that my shoes were divine (although you can't see it fully, such a shame)  this photo is special because this was THE turning point of my life. 

One spends two decades of his/her life studying and studying and studying to reach this very point - the end of obligated education. And like any idealistic university graduate- I felt like the world was mine to conquer.  Secretly, I was scared as shit because I didn't know where or what I was going to do now that I am to be set forth into the wild. I was worried that I wouldn't make it. I had already realized that the my course would not exactly lead me to the career that I wanted and my brain was panicking since it was too late to go back and redo everything.

 But despite such qualms, I liked to believe that my college diploma would still work wonders for me. I had it all figured out anyway and I was imagining myself to be working in Makati or Ortigas, sharing an apartment with friends and maintaining my Manila life. 

What I didn't know was that 5 months later, I would be somewhere totally different and everything that was important to me at this very moment would quietly slip away. 

But that's exactly why I love this photo. It was the moment in one's life when making decisions was so terrifying and exciting at the same time as it would forever set the course of one's path. It's a nice reminder of a time when I was drunk on youthful optimism and idealism that my time to explore the world has finally come

And best of all- it would be nice to go back and assure the girl in this photo that I would make it, (better than expected!), but not just the way I had envisioned it to be. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment